Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Limited Edition 427 ZL-1

Awesome! Cool isn't it? Great news, finally it's available!

Only 427 of this special anniversary edition made. That's it!

My brother called me last night all excited because he's got one.

Serial number #33

Whoot!

Hu? What is it? Yeah, me either ... I didn't know.


THEE must have engine that was available in the 60's.

Then, it was so costly, there were only 2 Corvettes and 2 Camaros ordered with it.

Recently, GM released #001, it went at auction for $55K.

These engines are constructed from the original tooling used during the late 60's.

All the info and press release can be read here.

So, you want one? Just have to have it?

I know one that's for sale.


7 comments:

Kellan said...

Now - this is a post for my husband - HA! He's got a Corvette and he's got a Mustang (see my post for Tuesday) that presently has not engine in it - tee hee!

Have a good Tuesday, Nancy - see you - Kellan

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Oh wow. I'm putting the word in with Jay Leno right now. I'm sure he'll want to snatch it up right away.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I get this! My dad's dragster had a 427 chevy engine in it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I heard about this all day yesterday! Urgh, being married to a car guy has it's downside!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been looking for a new centerpiece for my kitchen table. Looks like just the thing ;-)

Michael said...

If Mary hooks up Jay Leno with the engine, I so call dibs on the blog post, lol.

P.S. Tooth fairy comment...not funny ;)

Nancy said...

Michael: LMAO @ Tooth fairy ...but you know it's probably true *wink*